Thursday, July 23

What do you hold most dear in life such that you would strive to protect and defend in times of threat or crisis?

Thursday, July 23
I am Quek Choong Meng of class 2A and my register number is 31.

I would like to discuss about Bryan's view.

I would, to a larger extent, agree with him because family and loved ones of a person means a lot to the person. Without them, the person will be very lonely, if he does not have friends.

However, to a smaller extent, I disagree with him because we cannot just throw our country's and community's safety. As the Singapore Pledge states 'to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality'. This shows that we have to treat everyone equally.

In times of crises, I would hold my country, my fellow Singaporeans and the Singapore government. I will also defend my family and loved ones if possible. This is due to the fact that Singapore has given us so much benefits such as a good education, opportunities to learn, safety and security and even her life. We have to repay our benefactors and have to defend our country in times of crises. We cannot depend on others, just as Singapore cannot depend on the British during World War II against Japan. Therefore, we must defend our country, our people and the government in times of crises.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket